The TSC Experience
One of the main priorities of the Texas Swimming Center is student development. We make it our mission to provide students with leadership opportunities, and an on-campus job experience that offers transferable skills. We also understand what it means to be a UT student, with many demands for your time and a rigorous academic course load. This is why we work diligently to offer a supportive work environment that’s aware of the challenges you face as a college student.
As you’ll quickly discover, our goal is not only to provide you with a place of employment, but to help you grow and develop skills that will set you up for success after graduation, and a supportive network of supervisors and teammates.
Positions Available (Work Study & Non Work Study)
FileEntrance Monitor Job Description.pdf (308.81 KB)
FileLifeguard Job Description.pdf (324.18 KB)
FileTechnician.pdf (309.19 KB)
- Career management workshops
- On-going job training to sharpen your skills
- Flexible work hours
- Leadership/promotion opportunities
- End of year student staff celebration
- Opportunities to develop which are reported by employers to be essential in both the recruitment of college graduates and their continued success in the workplace.
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Team Work/ Collaboration
- Professionalism/Work Ethic
- Career Management
- Digital Technology
- Global/Intercultural Fluency
How to Join
What You Need to Know Before You Apply
- To be eligible for fall or spring semester employment, most jobs require that you are enrolled in at least six semester credit hours for that semester.
- You must be in good standing with the University.
- Top candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, required paperwork and training.
- Work hours must be completed in person at the Texas Swimming Center facility. Total work hours may vary and are not guaranteed.
- Plan ahead! Students who receive job offers must complete the required onboarding paperwork. Get familiarized now with the acceptable documents you would need in hand for the required Federal Form I-9 to prove identity and work eligibility if you are hired for a position. Please note that all documents must be originals, digital versions or photocopies will not be accepted.
- Submit an application on UT Handshake
- Please note that you will need to use an @utexas.edu or @austin.utexas.edu email address on your application. Follow these instructions to activate your UT email address.
- Once you apply your application will be routed to the hiring manager(s) for the position(s) you selected. Please allow 5-7 business days for your application to be reviewed.
- If you are selected for an interview, hiring managers will contact you to coordinate an interview time.